Breast implants are a popular way to enhance the size and shape of your breasts. Filled with either saline or silicone, implants are surgically placed to add breast volume. With breast implant surgery, you can achieve the figure you envision, with enhanced breasts, plump, lovely, and natural-looking.
Do you want fuller breasts?
Many women make the decision to enhance breast size. Breast volume can diminish after having children, losing weight, or with the aging process. Some women have naturally smaller breasts and want a curvier figure. Breast implants in Sacramento can restore lost volume, enhance your natural size, or create symmetry in unevenly sized breasts. You may have had a mastectomy and want to restore your feminine curves, or you need breast implants as a gender-affirming surgery.
You may simply have an aesthetic preference for larger breasts. Whatever your reasons, breast implants can help you achieve:
- Plump, round breasts ideal for your frame
- Fuller, more shapely breasts
- A boost in self-confidence
Saline vs. silicone implants
The two basic types of breast implants are saline and silicone. They each have their pros and cons, and we will help guide you to the right choice for your circumstances and preferences. Some of the differences between saline and silicone implants include:
- Silicone implants are softer and typically feel more like a natural breast, whereas saline implants feel slightly firmer.
- Saline implants look firmer and rounder, while silicone implants more closely resemble natural breast tissue.
- Saline implants aren’t filled until after being placed, while silicone implants are pre-filled with silicone gel. This means that saline implants require smaller incisions, which means smaller scars.
- Some patients prefer saline as if ruptured, the saline is absorbed by the body. However, implant rupture is not a common issue in modern silicone implants.
Which implants should I choose?
Before your surgery, we will speak with you about your aesthetic goals and preferences to ensure we choose the type, size, shape, and projection for your breast implants. Your satisfaction is of the highest importance to us, and we will take our time to ensure we get it just right.
How long does the surgery take?
Breast implant surgery is an outpatient procedure, which generally takes in the range of 60 to 90 minutes. You will be under general anesthesia, so you will be asleep and will not experience pain or discomfort. Once your surgery is completed, we will wrap your breasts in a special compression band, and you will rest for a period until you are released to return home to recover. You will need to bring a friend or family member with you to drive you home and help you for the first 24 hours. You will likely sleep the day away.